What does our signature mean…………?
The act of signing, besides granting documents validity and turning them into legitimate, defines us, since the signature symbolizes our inner Ego. It is almost like a “logo” for a company. The signature represents what we feel about our identity and how we feel about what we have achieved so far until the present. It is very tied to the individual, we would like to be, that is, our ideal Ego; it is more subconscious than the text. We all know how much companies invest in the logo development that will identify them. We should think the same way about our signature.
If you still sign like an adolescent, you should ask yourself if that is how you would like to be seen by the rest of the world. The signature is an introduction letter that sends subconscious signals about how you are and about how you see yourself.
What does my signature say……………?.
We should ask ourselves. What does my current signature say?” and “Are there “alerts signs” in my signature that other people see and that I do not even register?”
What is Signature Analysis?
• The personality of the Person
• How are “scrawled” and illegible signatures interpreted?
• Signatures that only include initials or capital letters?
• Signatures between parallel lines?
• What kind of signatures should we avoid?
When we look at a signature, the first thing that strikes us is its global structure (it is observed as a “gestalt” that means looking at “the whole” as if it were a picture, without discriminating details.) It must be clear, legible and with simple shapes and harmonic dimensions, there must be equilibrium in the curves, angles and straight lines that form, Let us get into more detail.
• Dimension or size of the signature
• Relationship between signature and text
• The predominant shape of the signature
• Location of the signature
Dimension/size – The size of the signature is studied through height, extension and is compared to the body of the graphical mass of the text. The height reflects self-esteem and value and the concept of oneself and the extension expresses the projected strength and intensity at the time of executing the action. According to the dimension of the signature, there are several possibilities:
Signature of a bigger size:- These are individuals that consider themselves superior to others, with a greater capacity, a greater experience that is driven with arrogance, pride, hubris and despise.
- Letters of the signature of equal size than the text: its self-concept coincides with what he shows. Harmony and equilibrium between the inner Ego and the expressed social Ego. There are no inferiority nor superiority feelings towards the outside world.
- Signature of a smaller size than the text: reflects an individual who has inferiority feelings, lack of trust, shyness, excessive humility, difficulty in social and business communications.
- When signatures are executed in capital letters, they mark an important superiority feeling with mythomania, discontent people who show superiority as a defense mechanism before their own insecurity with the goal of hiding their weaknesses. Ability for presenting their best image.
- Over-elevated signature (it is detected because ovals are higher than wide): It indicates pride, vanity, creative spirit elevated self-concept, aristocratic or superiority pretensions according to the signs.
Relationship between signature and text – The greater the identity and the graphical resemblance between the signature and the text, the greater the stability and correspondence between what the individual wants or needs and his way of proceeding or acting.
In a mature, evolved and sound person, there should be a concordance between the written text and his signature. It is expected that an individual acts according to what he thinks and feels. A person that expresses himself as he really “is”, can be considered “trustworthy”.
The signature is associated with the psychological with the feeling of identity and inner wellbeing that an individual has managed to build until the present.